Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mommy Tag

Curren the pipsqueak
Jessie Bug



mommy tag.......


I found this on Jackie's blog, it's fitting since my kid's are having their birthdays this week!

How did you know you were pregnant? With Curren, I smelled a can of tuna fish and ran for the bathroom... that's how I knew with him, with Jessie, I think I knew within a few weeks of being pregnant, and was in denial until I got the pregnancy test.


How old were you? With Curren I was 20, and Jessie I was 21.
Was it planned? Curren was for sure, Jessie wasn't really, but couldn't change it :D
What foods did you crave? Taco Bell Burritos!
Any morning sickness? Yes, I was sick for about 4 months into the pregnancy with both of them, but it did go away after that.
Who was your doctor? Curren, well I can't remember his name (does that make me a bad person?) and Jessie it is Dr. Warhus.
Did you find out the sex? Yes
Due date? Curren April 21st, Jessie I think was around April 19th

*LABOR*


Were you induced? Curren: I re-arranged our bedroom because i had that nesting bug we all get :) And my water brok that night, with Jessie I was induced 2 weeks before her due date.
Where did you start labor? I had slight contractions with Curren as we went in, and with Jessie in the hospital.
How long were you in labor? Curren about 4 hours, Jessie about 5.
How long did you push? With Curren I had the epidural, so I couldn't tell I was, with Jessie, I didn't get an epidural in time and pushed for about 5 minutes, if even that. The doctor was running down the hall as she was coming out, he sat down and she landed right in his hands :)
Did you have an epidural? With Curren yes.
Vaginal or C-Section? Vaginal
Was there complications with the labor and delivery? With Curren there was a little bit, his heart rate dropped when he got stuck, but the nurse got him out quickly after that, Jessie just popped out... literally LOL!
Did you cry when they were born? YES! I was thrilled!!!
Who was in the delivery room? Mark, the doctor and nurses.
Have an episiotomy? Nope
Vacuum or forceps used? Nope

*BASIC BIRTH INFO*


Name: Curren Jay and Jessie Joyce
Boy or Girl: Boy and Girl
Weight: this is easy - 5 lbs 4 oz for both of them!
Length: 19 inches - again for both of them!
Date of birth: Curren: April 8th 2001, Jessie: April 9th 2002
Time of birth: They were both born around noon
Hair color: white!
Eye color: Blue

*ABOUT BABY- NOW*

How old are they now?: Curren almost 7, Jessie almost 6
What kind of diapers?: I used the Target brand when I was using them :)
What kind of formula?: The Target brand (it was less expensive and the doc said just as good)
What theme did you do their nursery in?: No nursery really, just lots of toys :)
Are they a smiler or a cryer?: Curren was a cryer, he was colicky for several months, and just wanted to be free all of the time, and that is still true. Jessie was an angel :)
What makes them fall asleep?: They both have always been good at going to sleep. Jessie needs all of her stuffed animals in bed with her, and Curren needs a nightlight on.
Are they the first?: Curren is First, and Jess is second.

ABOUT MOMMY


Name: Heather
Age now: 27
Did you ever consider abortion or adoption?: no
Were you married or dating the father?: Married!
How long have you been together?: 8 years
Are married you now?: of course!
How much weight have you lost?: *snort*

*FRIENDS AND FAMILY*

How did the grandparents take it?: Both of our parents were excited! When we found out we were pregnant with Jessie (when Curren was 4 months old) our dad's were totally happy and our mom's were like "um... you are crazy!"
Did your friends stick by you?: yes!!
I have FABULOUS friends all over the country.
Did anyone throw a baby shower?: With Curren, Mark's Grandma and Aunt had one for me, adn with Jessie my friends in our first ward here had one for me.
Has anyone helped since the birth?: EVERYONE.
Are you happy you're a mommy?: You betcha

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Very cute! Happy Birthday to the kids this week.

Zach 'n' Jack said...

so cute! Holy cow, I cannot believe how SKINNY Curren is! That picture of him makes Keegan actually look slightly chubby if you compared them at that age. CRAZY! Love finding out all the details :-)